“30 Days of Elixir” is an intensive guide that provides a hands-on introduction to the Elixir programming language in just 30 days. This book is designed to help developers quickly gain proficiency in the language and its associated tools and libraries.
The book is structured into 30 chapters, each covering a different aspect of the language and its ecosystem. Each chapter begins with a brief overview of the topic and then goes on to provide step-by-step instructions, examples, and exercises.
Some of the topics covered in the book include:
- Introduction to the Elixir programming language and its syntax
- Creating and manipulating data structures, such as lists and maps
- Understanding functional programming concepts, such as immutability, pattern matching, and recursion
- Concurrent programming and the Actor Model
- Using the OTP framework for building scalable, fault-tolerant applications
- Interoperating with other languages and systems using the NIFs and Ports features
- Building and deploying web applications using the Phoenix framework
- Implementing real-time communication using WebSockets and Phoenix Channels
Throughout the book, the authors provide real-world examples and exercises to help solidify your understanding of the language and its concepts. The exercises range from simple coding challenges to building complete, functional applications.
In addition to the content of the book, the authors provide online resources, including a discussion forum, code repository, and additional reading materials to help you continue your journey with Elixir after the 30 days.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced programmer, “30 Days of Elixir” is a comprehensive and accessible guide that will help you quickly and efficiently gain proficiency in the Elixir programming language and its associated tools and libraries.