- Introduction to RESTful APIs: This section provides an overview of RESTful APIs, their benefits, and their key concepts, including resources, HTTP methods, and status codes.
- Node.js Basics: This section covers the basics of Node.js, including its architecture, event-driven model, and modules system.
- Creating a Simple HTTP Server: This section provides step-by-step instructions for creating a simple HTTP server using Node.js, and how to handle HTTP requests and responses.
- Express.js: This section introduces Express.js, a popular Node.js framework for building web applications, and how to use it to create a RESTful API.
- Defining Routes and Handlers: This section covers how to define routes and handlers for different HTTP methods, such as GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE, and how to handle query parameters and request bodies.
- Data Storage and Retrieval: This section covers how to store and retrieve data using a database, such as MongoDB or MySQL, and how to use Object-Document Mapping (ODM) or Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) libraries, such as Mongoose or Sequelize.
- Authentication and Authorization: This section covers how to implement authentication and authorization using techniques such as tokens, sessions, and OAuth2.
- Testing and Debugging: This section covers how to test and debug a RESTful API using tools such as Postman, Mocha, and Chai.
- Deployment: This section covers how to deploy a RESTful API to a production environment using tools such as Docker, Heroku, or AWS Elastic Beanstalk.